Hearing loss: recognizing the signs and taking appropriate action
How do you recognize the signs of hearing loss ? The maturity of the ear begins around 40 years. Be assured that it is a perfectly normal phenomenon and does not mean that you are in poor health! Starting at age 65, 1 in 3 people will have a hearing loss, and 1 in 2 starting at 75 years. You are not alone!
Here are some telltale signs of hearing loss
- You find that your entourage mumbles.
- You are confusing words (“fog” and “frog”, for example).
- You often ask people to repeat, you find that they do not speak loud enough, especially the higher pitched voices (women, children).
- Conversations in public places become difficult to follow: you struggle to focus on the person’s speech because the surrounding noise keeps you from understanding.
- You always turn up the volume on your television to a high level.
- You have already missed the ringing of the phone or of the alarm clock because you did not hear it.
- You feel like you can not hear as before.
If some of these situations describe you, make an appointment with one of our audioprothetists to have your hearing tested.